background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

sometimes.

sometimes, i really miss my old job.
you see, i used to be a teacher's aide.  best job ever?  i think yes.

because kids are the greatest.  and spending all day with 3-5 year olds is pure bliss (most of the time).  also hilarious.  because they say things like this:

T:  "coffee is like hot cocoa but with lots more bubbles!"

S:  "when my mom makes disgusting food, we give it to our dog."

L:  "we are gonna be best friends forever.  come on carson."
C:  "um. my name is connor."

out of nowhere, i hear the loudest screeching noise of my entire human life.
me:  "B, what was that?"
B:  "that was a dying cat."

me:  "A, i like your haircut."
A:  "yeah!  i'm not wolfman anymore!"

T exiting the bathroom:  "there's no more pee left."

H had a cut on his finger so i asked what happened. he looked at me. then at his finger.  then back at me, with a thoughtful expression.  and then he replied...
"well...my skin fell off!"

BURRRRP.
me:  "A, what do you say?"
A:  "thank you!!"
i was going for excuse me, but i'll take it.


after telling B's mom about her accident at school, her mom turns to her and says:  "B, i told you if you pee on their floor you can't come back to school."
B's quick reply: "but it wasn't on the floor!  it was on the chair!"
technically, it WAS on the chair....


and of course, my personal favorite:
N:  "i don't like you miss amy.....(long, dramatic pause)....
I LOVE YOU!"

i love you too, kiddos.  and i miss you.  lots.

3 comments:

Taralynn and Kory said...

your forgot the eye roll comment!

Taralynn and Kory said...

PS thank you for clarifying to us it was the loudest screeching noise of your entire HUMAN life. as opposed to your alien life or something!

Taralynn and Kory said...

this comment is actually for your most recent post but i wanted it to continue to say NO comments! hahaha
our eye rolls are awesome. people can just deal with them.