background

Friday, June 29, 2012

eye. rolls.

remember how i hate the new blogger?
well i just have one more complaint to make before i get onto much more exciting things.

here is my complaint.

instead of saying "0 comments" it now says "No comments" when no one has commented.  now maybe i am just a weirdy, but seeing 0 is much less depressing than seeing NO.  as in NO ONE had anything to say about this post.  NO ONE cares.  melodramatic much?  okay maybe.  but i'm over it.

moving on...

so my sister reminded me that i left out a very important story in my last post.  so i thought i'd share.  this is what went down.

it was play time.

and i was playing.

with the kids, obviously, since that was my job.

so i'm playing.  and i'm pretty sure i was working on a puzzle with M.
then he said something that 1st graders say, i don't even remember what.

then this happened:

M: miss amy, what does this mean?
cue the most dramatic eye roll of your entire human life.  (i swear his eyes rolled into the back of his head and then around again.)
me:  why would you ask that M?
M:  because you just did it.

oh my gosh.  remember how i am the worst person ever sometimes?  this is one of those times.  i mean, who rolls their eyes at a 1st grader?  oh, just me.

now please let me try and explain myself.  i have a good excuse, i promise.

that excuse being, i have absolutely no control over my eye rolls.

i am serious, people.  it is so ingrained in me that i cannot help when it happens.  they just roll when stupid things happen.  or obnoxious things.  or annoying things.  or funny things.  so basically i am rolling my eyes all the time.  and i do not even mean to nor do i know that i'm doing it!  i have been working at a camp this summer (i'll post details about that another day), but honestly, at least five of the guys i work with have commented on my eye roll.  and i don't know what to tell them.  one of them said he was going to try and figure out what the eye roll meant.  i said, good luck, i do not even know what the eye roll means.

and just so you know i'm not a crazy person, let me just tell you that my sister has this same habit.  maybe she has more control over it than i do.  or maybe not.  i've never actually asked her about it.  but that's irrelevant.  what's relevant is, that the eye roll is so popular it has a name.  "the allen girl eye roll."  yeah, we're cool, i know.  i mean, who else can say their eye roll is so (in)famous it has a name??

1 comment:

katilda said...

hey, now it won't say "no comments" anymore :) can i just say how much i love the title of your blog? such a great line from that movie. you win.